Introduction to Amorphous Boon
Amorphous Boron is also known as monolithic boron and elemental boron. It is either a full-color powder, or a gray shiny cristal with more vibrant chemical properties. It is stable in both air and at room temperature. Once heated to 300°C, it will oxidize at 700°C and be ignited. When the flame is lit, it turns red. The boron flame that has undergone trace vaporization and is now green is also red. Insoluble in water and hydrochloric acid. It can also be dissolved in ethanol, ether, and ether. It can be dissolvable in cold concentrated acid solution and decompose hydrogen.
Properties of Amorphous Boron
It reacts at high temperatures with carbon, nitrogen, sulfur and halogen. Borides are formed when it is combined with other metals. The reaction of amorphous Boron with organic compounds leads to the direct synthesis or presence of oxygen between carbon and boron. Boron monomer separates elements into different positions on the periodic tables, such as the border color of non-metal and metal. It is either a grey shiny crystal or a colored powder that has a lot of chemical activity.
How is Amorphous Boron Powder manufactured?
You can obtain pure boron powder using two methods: via-gas, and magnesiothermic. The first method uses hydrogen gas (BCl3) to reduce gaseousboron trichloride (BCl3). While the second technique uses heat and magnesiothermic reaction (B2O3), it reduces boron trioxide (3B2O3) to elemental.
Amorphous boron has two main uses
1. An application of amorphous Boron to the ignition electrode can be made in the electronics sector.
2. Amorphous boron is a good catalyst for medicine, the ceramic industry and organic synthesis.
3. Amorphous boron is a good neutron absorber or counter for nuclear reactors.
4. For automobiles, you can use amorphous boren as a safe catalyst gas.
5. To synthesize high-purity, boron-containing compounds, you can use amorphous Boron.
6. For solid rocket thrusters, you can use amorphous Boron.
7. To smelt special alloys of steel, you can use amorphous Boron.
8. Amorphous boron can be used as a raw material to make boron-halide of high purity.
9. Amorphous Boron is the raw material used to produce borane, and other borides. Borane can also be used in rockets or missiles as a high energy fuel.
10. Amorphous boron is used in the atomic fuel industry to produce boron-steel for atomic reactors.
11. Amorphous Boron is the raw material to make boron fiber.
12. Amorphousboron is used in semiconductors and electrons. It is carbonized at 2300°C and then used as the ignition core material in the ignition tube. It can also be used to make high-quality cathode material, lanthanum bore.
13. Firework industry can use amorphous Boron.
14. Amorphous Boron can be used in molten Copper as a gas scavenger.
(aka. Technology Co. Ltd. (aka. Our Amorphous Boron is high in purity, fine particle size, and low in impurities. Please
Please contact us