If you are looking for high-quality products, please feel free to contact us and send an inquiry, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What is bismuth oxid?
The molecular formula of the inorganic compound is Bi2O3. The pure product comes in three types: a, b, and d. A type of yellow monoclinic crystal is present, which has a melting point of 825, is soluble only in acid and insoluble both in water and in alkali. The b type, however, is bright yellow or orange, with a tetragonal system. Hydrogen and hydrocarbons can reduce it easily to metallic Bismuth. It is a special material that has a cubic fluorite structure. The crystal lattice of d-Bi2O3 is void in 1/4, which gives it a high oxygen conductivity. Bismuth Oxide is mainly used for electronic ceramic powders. It can also be used as photoelectric materials, superconductors at high temperatures, and catalysers. Bismuth is an essential additive in electronic ceramic materials. Its purity must be at least 99.15%. Main application objects include ceramic capacitors, zinc oxide varistors, and ferrite magnet materials.
Bismuth Oxide preparation
1. Dropwise, add to the bismuth-nitrate solution at 80-90degC a sodium hydroxide-free aqueous aqueous mixture and mix. The solution stays alkaline and the white, volume-swelling, bismuth oxide hydroxide Bi(OH3) precipitates. This solution is heated, stirred and dehydrated to yellow.
. After filtering, drying and washing the bismuth oxide is obtained.
2. Mix them under a nitrogen-filled atmosphere by adding dropwise a 1,5 mol/L sodium hydroxide solution (without carbon dioxide) to a bismuth solution (0.10 mol/L), which is dissolved into 1 mol/L of nitric solution (80-90deg C). The solution is alkaline even after precipitation. The white volume-expanded Bismuth Oxide Hydrate Bi(OH3) does precipitate, but it dehydrates and turns into light yellow Bismuth Trioxide when stirred for some time in the hot water solution. Decant the solution and wash it 15 times without adding air or carbon dioxide. Then filter and dry.
3. The graphite crucible is filled with metal bismuth and then melted. An arc is created between the graphite electrode surface and the metal surface under oxygen flow. For a continuous supply of oxygen to the crucible, it should be placed inside a large vessel. The reaction is carried out at 750-800degC and the b bismuth trioxide is generated quickly. It has a purity level of 99.8%. A high-temperature phase B-type product can then be obtained by quenching the product in water or a metal plate.
4. Stir vigorously as you add the acidic Bi(NO3)3*5H2O (20g dissolved 2mol/L in HNO3) solution to the excess sodium-carbonate solution. Filter, wash and dry the Bi2O3CO3 resulting precipitate. Place it in a aluminum boat, and heat it at 650K in the air for approximately 1.5 hours.
5. Burn the Bismuth Subnitrate between 400 and 500 to remove NO3-ions for around (34h).
After cooling down, all the resulting products will turn lemon yellow.
Bismuth Oxide is used in the application of Bismuth oxide
Bismuth oxide is used to prepare bismuth sal; it can also be used in electronic ceramic powder materials, electrolytes, photoelectric materials, high-temperature Superconductors, and as a catalyst. Bismuth Oxide is an essential additive in electronic ceramic materials and must have a purity of at least 99.15%. Main application objects include zinc oxide varistors; ceramic capacitors and ferrite magnet materials. Other applications include glaze rubber compounding, medicine, red glass compounding, etc.
(aka. Technology Co. Ltd., a trusted global chemical supplier & manufacture with over 12 year’s experience in supplying super-high-quality chemicals and nanomaterials. The Bismuth Oxide Powder produced by our company is high in purity, fine particle size and impurity content. Please.