If you are looking for high-quality products, please feel free to contact us and send an inquiry, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The powder is grayish-black with a hexagonal structure (AlB2). It has a high degree of hardness and a melting temperature of 2980degC. Titanium diboride is resistant to oxidation in the air and can reach a temperature up to 1000 degrees Celsius. It also remains stable in HCl acid and HF.
Titanium Diboride Powder Properties
The compound TiB2 is the most stable of all boron-titanium compounds. It has C32 structure, and valence bonds are used to combine it. It is a hexagonal metalloid. The crystal’s structural parameters are a of 0.3028nm, and C of 0.3228nm.
The two-dimensional network formed by the boron plane and titanium plane forms alternately in the crystal, where B is covalently linked with three other Bs. An extra electron creates a large p-bond. The graphite like layered structure between boron electrons and Ti outer layers is responsible for the metallic luster, good conductivity of TiB2, as well as the material’s high hardness and brittleness.
Titanium Diboride Powder Applications
Titanium Diboride is used to produce composite ceramic products. Due to its resistance to corrosion in molten metallic crucibles or electrolytic cell electrodes, titanium diboride can be used.
1. Conductive ceramics. Titanium Diboride is one the main raw materials in the vacuum coated conductive evaporation vessel.
2. Ceramic molds and cutting tools. Titanium Diboride is used in the production of finishing tools, sandblasting elements, extrusion nozzles, wire drawing dies etc.
3. Composite ceramic materials. Titanium diboride may be an important component for multiple composite materials. It can also be used in composite materials, along with TiC, TiN or SiC, to produce various high temperature parts. It can also be used for armor protection. It is considered to be one of the most effective materials.
4. Cathode coating for aluminum electrolytic cell. TiB2 can be used as a cathode for the aluminum electrode cell due to its good wettability.
5. Titanium diboride may be used as a PTC heating material and a flexible PTC material. Its characteristics include safety, power savings, reliability, easy processing, and molding. It is a new high-tech product that combines various electric heating material.
6. Titanium Diboride is an excellent strengthening agent for Al Fe Cu and other metals.
Tech Co., Ltd. is a professional
We are a chemical product supplier with 12 years experience. We accept payment by Credit Card, T/T (West Union), Paypal and T/T. The goods will be shipped to overseas customers via FedEx or DHL.
You can contact us for high quality Titanium Diboride Powder.
Send an inquiry.